The British Columbia Ultimate Society was incorporated on March 23, 2012. The purposes of the society are:
- To work in conjunction with member organizations, teams and individuals to foster, develop, and grow the sport of Ultimate in all its forms throughout British Columbia;
- To provide a means to facilitate positive and proactive communications with the greater Ultimate community;
- To promote the ideals of sportsmanship and Spirit of the Game and to encourage a positive experience by everyone who plays the sport of Ultimate;
- To work with other governing bodies and organizations to achieve the goals of the Society and for the betterment of the sport of Ultimate; and
- To transact any and all other lawful business for which non-profit organizations may be incorporated pursuant to the laws of the Society Act of BC, and the Business Corporations Act of BC, both as amended from time to time, as well as any successor acts.