BC Ultimate Society
The BC Ultimate Society is the Provincial Sports Organization (PSO) responsible for the management, growth and development of the sport of ultimate across British Columbia. BCU works with its member organizations around the province to increase playing opportunities for members and non-members alike.
BC Ultimate is a member of Ultimate Canada, the National Sports Organization (NSO) for ultimate in Canada, as well as Sport BC, a federation representing over 50 PSOs in British Columbia. BCU is also a partner of viaSPORT, an organization which connects over 70 BC sports organizations focused on delivering sport programs and services to British Columbians. Since 2018 BCU has been recognized by BC School Sports, making ultimate an official sport within the BC school system.
The BCUS is a non-profit society, incorporated on March 23, 2012, and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. All activities of the Board are guided by the society’s Bylaws and Constitution.
Membership offers a number of benefits: Learn more about BCUS Membership
Board of Directors
- Tasia Balding, President (HR Committee, Policies Working Group)
- Tomas Horvath, Vice President (Financial Committee, Policies Working Group)
- Tim Tsang, Treasurer (Financial Committee)
- Jennifer Kwok, Secretary (Juniors Committee)
- Jessica Rockliff, Member at Large (Financial Committee)
- William Arlotta, Member at Large (Junior Committee)
- Alex Davis, Member at Large
We are always looking for volunteers and people to help out. If you’ve got an idea or some free time by all means let us know. You need not become a director of the society to contribute; any and all help is much appreciated. To indicate your interest, or to ask any questions about BCU, contact General Inquiries.