BC Ultimate has partnered with Sport BC and the BC Amateur Sport Fund to raise funds to benefit Ultimate Spirit and their work to introduce disc sports and Spirit of the Game to indigenous communities in BC.
The BC Amateur Sport Fund is the BC chapter of the Canadian Council of Provincial & Territorial Sport Federations, a registered Canadian Amateur Athletics Association with charitable status. This partnership allows you to receive a tax receipt for your donation to this ultimate-focused project. Your gift will help BC Ultimate and Ultimate Spirit continue work which has already engaged over 4000 youth on Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast in disc related activities. Our long term goal is to expand this program province-wide.
You can donate by going to this LINK. Please help us spread the word of this worthy cause, and thanks for your support!
The BC Ultimate Society will hold its Annual General Meeting on Sunday, November 4th, 2018 at the Vancouver Curling Club. All BCUS members in good standing are welcome to attend. Each attendee will receive a complimentary drink ticket from the Curling Club bar, and snacks will be provided.
2018 BC Ultimate AGM
November 4th, 2018 from 1:00pm-2:30pm (registration begins at 12:30pm)
Vancouver Curling Club (4575 Clancy Loranger Way, Vancouver)
GM Report for AGM 2018 (PDF)
2018 BCUS Board Candidates
This year’s Board of Directors elections feature four candidates seeking to fill three vacant Board positions. Read up on their bios and be sure to vote at the AGM on November 4.
Can’t make it in person? Have someone vote on your behalf via proxy form (one form per attendee)
Brianne Wager (Vancouver, BC)
I have been playing ultimate in BC for 10 years, starting in Grade 8 at the encouragement of the one and only Chris Wakelin. My playing experience includes high school mixed, junior club, adult club (women’s and mixed), college, international (TC U19 women’s and TC U23 mixed), and the SUL and VUL. I have been involved in team leadership, most recently captaining Fable Ultimate in the 2018 season, and have contributed to growing the sport by coaching at the high school level, leading summer camps for youth 8-18 years old, and being a mentor for VUL’s fall women’s league. I recently graduated from UBC with a Bachelor’s of Kinesiology and am pursuing a career in health and fitness. I also have experience in event planning: during my undergrad I served as VP Logistics on the 2015 KIN Games committee where I helped organize a three-day event attended by over 800 kinesiology students from across Canada; I helped organize events with SISU Girls, a club aimed at promoting physical activity and community among women; and I organized and TD-ed a local 6-team mixed club tournament this spring.
Chris Wakelin (Surrey, BC)
- Played mixed ultimate at various levels since 1994 (UVic, CUC, mostly VUL).
- Coached High School ultimate since 2002 in Surrey.
- Coached Vortex Junior program for the past seven seasons.
- Coordinator of Fraser Valley Junior Ultimate – 30+ teams now!
- BCUS Board member since Society’s inception in 2012 – previously served as Board Vice-President, currently is the Outreach Coordinator and the chair of HR Committee in 2013/2014
Jessica Rockliff (Vancouver, BC)
- Jessica has been involved with local ultimate since 2004 and is passionate about growing the sport in BC – from Juniors development to the highest level of International play.
- Jessica is a chartered accountant and an audit manager at an international accounting firm
- With a strong background in project management and financial analysis, Jessica would provide valuable advice and support to the BCUS
- She is a current member of Vancouver’s Traffic, one of Canada’s premier ultimate teams, participating in national and international competitions, and has represented Canada at the World Games and World Championships.
- Jessica has coached high school level ultimate, volunteered at the WFDF World Ultimate Championships in Vancouver, and she has played and captained in the VUL, at UBC Rec, and in numerous tournaments across BC over the last 10 years.
- Board member since 2014 – currently served as Board Vice-President and previously as Board Treasurer
Tim Tsang (Vancouver, BC)
- Accountant by profession, working with internatational accounting firm PWC
- Current player with Vancouver Furious George and has represented Canada at numerous World Championships, including the 2017 World Games.
- Board member since 2016 – currently serves as the Board Treasurer.