The BC Ultimate Society will hold its Annual General Meeting on the evening of Thursday, October 15th, 2015 at the Vancouver Curling Club.
The AGM is open for all BC Ultimate members in good standing to attend. Members include anyone who paid BCUS membership fees, was rostered on a member league (i.e. VUL, VUPS) or touring club that attended BCUC in 2015.
The evening’s agenda will include:
- Presentation of program and financial reports by BCU Board executives and the General Manager
- Presentation and voting for new BCU Board of Directors candidates – four spots are up for election
- Discussion and voting on any new motions or new business (details TBA). Any proposed new Business Items must be submitted to the Board of Directors at least 7 days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
Can’t attend the AGM in person? You can still participate in Board elections by giving someone in attendance a signed proxy vote form. Details regarding possible phone or web conferencing options are TBA.
BC Ultimate Society Board of Directors nominations now open
- Are you passionate about growing and developing the sport of ultimate in this province?
- Do you want to contribute directly to the development of ultimate in communities across BC?
- Or do you just want to gain experience in the field of sport governance and administration?
If any of these apply to you, then the BC Ultimate Board of Directors is the place for you.
Nominations for Board candidates are now open. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info by October 5, 2015:
– Signature of the Nominee or other confirmation of acceptance of the nomination (email is ok)
– Contact information including email address and residential address
– A brief summary outlining the Nominee’s qualifications (i.e. short bio – samples can be found here)
There are four Board positions to be filled for 2015 – successful candidates will serve 2-year terms. The deadline for nominations is October 5.
All candidates are requested to attend the BC Ultimate Society’s annual general meeting (AGM) on October 15, 2015 from 7pm-8:30pm at the Vancouver Curling Club. If a candidate cannot attend the AGM, they may still be considered for election provided that they present a statement of their platform and credentials for the membership. Voting can be done in person or by proxy vote form – remote web/phone conference is not likely to be an option this year.