North Vancouver Junior Club Ultimate – Bonfire Tryouts
The junior club Bonfire (based out of North Vancouver) is holding tryouts for the summer club season as follows:
Bonfire/Wildfire Boys Tryouts:
- Wednesday May 30th – Bonfire and Wildfire open tryouts: at Brooksbank Elementary School in North Vancouver from 6:00-8:00pm.
- Monday June 4th and Wed June 6th – Bonfire Invitation Only tryouts
- Tuesday June 5th and Wed June 6th – Wildfire tryouts
Bonfire Girls tryouts:
- Bonfire tryouts are this week (Tues May 29th and Wed May 30th) from 4:00-6:00pm at Brooksbank Elementary School – experienced players in grades 10-12 only please.
- The following Tues/Wed (June 5 & 6) will be invitation-only tryouts.
- We will pick the team on Wednesday, June 6th so it is important for you to make as many of these tryouts as possible!
Wildfire Girls tryouts:
- We are only going to have one Wildfire session this week on Thursday, May 31st from 6:00pm-8:00pm at Brooksbank Elementary School with Coach Charlotte from IPS. Please remember that tryout/practice STARTS at 6:00pm – please be there by 5:45pm to be ready to start at 6:00pm.
Are you a graduating high school student planning to attend a post-secondary institution in the fall? Applications for BC Ultimate’s 2018 Bursary Program are now open.
The BCU Bursary Program was created for provide financial assistance for university- or college-bound students who best represent the sport of Ultimate, the Spirit of the Game, and who have an interest in contributing to the development of the sport in their community. The 2018 bursary program will be issuing up to two $750 grants to successful applicants entering accredited post-secondary institutions in Fall 2018.
Applications must include:
- A short, one page essay describing how Ultimate has influenced your personal development and future direction; include specific educational goals and financial needs
- The contact information of your current team’s coach or teacher sponsor and completed letter of reference
- An accepted letter to the post-secondary institution of your choice is
preferred. Proof of full-time enrollment will be required prior to bursary being issued (scanned or downloaded copy of documents are
- Your current contact information, including date of birth, current grade and school of graduation
Selections will be made based on the following criteria:
- The quality of the essay
- Demonstrated financial need
- Embodiment of the Spirit of the Game
- Planned future contributions to Ultimate
Applications are due on May 31, 2018 at 9:00pm, with the awards announcement coming on June 3, 2018. Application packages and questions about the bursary can be emailed to outreach[at]bcultimate[dot]ca.
PDFs – 2018 BCU Bursary Program, 2018 BCU Bursary References